Friday, September 19, 2008

Cover Letters

I found the articles about cover letters to be very helpful and interesting. For the most part, all of the information is helpful concerning cover letters. I thought that the first article was interesting for one main reason. I was not aware that few employers actually take the time to read a cover letter. The article made it sound like cover letters are just there because they have to be, and nobody pays any attention to them. I also thought that the section about personal cover letters was helpful. The chances of getting a job by sending out hundreds of resumes to random companies not personal at all are very slim in today's society. Each cover letter should be tailored to the individual company. I also learned that the cover letter should not be about yourself. It should be about the company. If the company actually takes the time to read the cover letter, you should take the time to show the company that you are interested. You should show your understanding of the company. I think that the biggest idea of these articles is to customize your cover letter and resume for each company.

No comments: